[Paraview] Information Only Property Parameters

Brian Panneton brian.panneton at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 13:55:09 EDT 2011

This XML is of two comboboxes, where the first depends on the second's
selection.
XML:
            <StringVectorProperty
                name="DataTypeList"
                command="GetReaderDataTypeList"
                information_only="1">
                <StringArrayHelper />
            </StringVectorProperty>
            <StringVectorProperty
                name="cbDataType"
                command="SetReaderDataType"
                immediate_update="1"
                number_of_elements="1">
                <StringListDomain name="operation">
                    <RequiredProperties>
                        <Property name="DataTypeList"
                            function="ArraySelection"/>
                    </RequiredProperties>
                </StringListDomain>
            </StringVectorProperty>

            <StringVectorProperty
                name="TypeList"
                command="GetReaderTypeList"
                information_only="1">
                <StringArrayHelper />
            </StringVectorProperty>
            <StringVectorProperty
                name="cbType"
                command="SetReaderType"
                immediate_update="1"
                number_of_elements="1">
                <StringListDomain name="operation">
                    <RequiredProperties>
                        <Property name="TypeList"
                            function="ArraySelection"/>
                    </RequiredProperties>
                </StringListDomain>
            </StringVectorProperty>

When a currentIndexChanged event in cbType occurs, it sends a signal to the
typeChanged() slot.

Code:
void
myclass::typeChanged()
{
    this->proxy()->GetProperty("cbType")->Modified();
    vtkSMProperty* prop = this->proxy()->GetProperty("DataTypeList");
    this->proxy()->UpdatePropertyInformation(prop);
}

What ends up happening is that when I change the combobox for cbType from
index 1 to index 2, typeChanged() is called, but is sending the 1st value to
SetReaderType. It looks like it refeshes but remains index1. Thus, the
DataTypeList is populated with the same information it had.

When I remove the Modified() line, the combobox for cbType will show the
change from index 1 to index 2, but SetReaderType does not get called.

Any idea why that is happening?

Thanks,

Brian