[Paraview] Data average on a surface

Arnaud Candaele arnaud.candaele at aeolus-consulting.be
Tue Mar 8 08:27:56 EST 2011

Hi,

I am a new paraview user, and have a quite simple question about it.
I have a cfd simulation of an air flow, let's say just walls+inlet+outlet. I
exported the converged result as an Ensight file, to read it with paraview, and
it works fine.
I just would like to know if it is easily possible to select my outlet, and ask
paraview to compute, for example, the average velocity magnitude on that face ?
I guess I should use something like the "integrate variables" filter, but how do
I select that outlet face (which is defined in my CFD program, but doesn't seem
available in paraview...) ?

Thank you,

Arnaud