[Paraview] FW: FW: Coloured isosurfaces when running MPI

Philipp Schlatter pschlatt at mech.kth.se
Wed Jun 29 05:50:09 EDT 2011

Hi!
Thanks for the answer. Let me give some comments to your questions:
- I am using the distributed 3.10.1 binaries (32 bit), and I tried it on a
Ubuntu 11.04 system (older dualcore T60p)
- I used now the sample dataset Data/RectGrid2.vtk. Using the calculator
operation "CoordsX", I can reproduce the behaviour I was originally
describing. I simply use the Contour filter ("Compute Scalars" did not
change the behaviour). I have uploaded 3 more screenshots:

http://www.mech.kth.se/~pschlatt/files/Screenshot3.png
is the intended result, obtained using a single core (no Auto-MPI etc.)

http://www.mech.kth.se/~pschlatt/files/Screenshot2.png
is the result obtained with Auto-MPI, running on my two cores.

http://www.mech.kth.se/~pschlatt/files/Screenshot1.png
is the result obtained with explicitly initiating paraview and pvserver
using a total of 16 MPI ranks.

I tried all/most of the rendering options (LOD etc.), however it did not
help. Also, I have run on 64 bit version at the computer centre (with
older versions though), and the same problem appears there too.

I am really puzzled by the fact that you could not reproduce the problem.
Could there be some setting that is for some reason wrong in my setup?

Best regards,
Philipp