[Paraview] FW: FW: Coloured isosurfaces when running MPI

Karl König kkoenig11 at web.de
Tue Jun 28 12:36:25 EDT 2011

Hi Philipp,

A couple of questions:
* Are you using the distributed 3.10.1 binaries or did you compile PV
3.10.1 from source yourself?
* Can you reproduce the behavior with the sample dataset
Data/RectGrid2.vtk (part of both git://vtk.org/VTKData.git and
http://www.paraview.org/files/v3.10/ParaViewData-3.10.1.zip)? That's
also a "Rectilinear Grid". Using the Calculator operation "1 +
coordsX*coordsY" followed by a Contour filter with "Compute Scalars"
checked and 10 auto-chosen values, I got identical results with 1 and 16
cores (using PV 3.10.1 Linux 64-bit binaries and Windows 64-bit
binaries, relying on Auto-MPI ("Settings" - "Use Multi-Core") for the 16
core case)

Karl