[Paraview] Fwd: GetPolyData on a BoxWidget

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 09:48:46 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Paraview] GetPolyData on a BoxWidget
To: Laurent Paul <l.paul at uclouvain.be>

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 3:18 AM, Laurent Paul <l.paul at uclouvain.be> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I am having hard times building Qt...
> I have launched the command prompt of SDK 7.1 to get the 64 bits version of
> the compiler (I use VS2010 Express edition, so the 64bits version is not
> natively distributed). I have already configured some projects using this
> comand prompt without any problem.
> Yesterday, I have launch configure in this command prompt but without any
> option...
> Then, I have run nmake and it has finally built the project (in a couple of
> hours!).
> But it seems that this the 32 bits version... I'm not really sure (how to?)
> but I see 'win32' almost everywhere.
> Do you think it really build a 32 bits version using the 64 bits command
> prompt?

I am sorry, I have no experience with express versions of visual
studio. In the retail versions of VS2005 and greater there are Visual
Studio x64 (and 32 bit ones also) command prompts in the tools menu
for each compiler. Opening up the x64 command prompt sets a few
environment variables that set cc and nmake to build 64 bit
applications.

> Then I tried to configure using the option -platform win64-msvc2010 but
> configure refuses to run.

It should be win32-msvc2010 even on 64 bit builds.

>It displays the help option !
> I dont' really understand what happens.
> Anyway, I gonna try to build paraview using my built version of Qt.

John

--
John M. Drescher