[Paraview] PV 3.10.1 computing vorticity from vector field

Tim Gallagher tim.gallagher at gatech.edu
Thu Jun 2 15:57:13 EDT 2011

This is outside of what I usually do, so I may not be much help. But once you have the vorticity at all verticies, that should include the verticies on the cylinder surface.

How do you extract the surface? Is it a body fitted grid or an embedded boundary/levelset to mark it? I would assume if you extract the surface in the pipeline downstream of the derivatives and interpolation filters, all of the variables would be available on the surface.

Unless of course the surface is looking for cell data and not point data, in which case you would skip the second interpolation filter.

Tim