[Paraview] Lines, Splines and Tubes

Brian C. Panneton (CONTR) brian.c.panneton.ctr at us.army.mil
Wed Jun 1 13:24:28 EDT 2011

I have a vtkUnstructuredGrid with a bunch of points and lines. For each
of the lines I want to overlay a tube and change it so it arcs like a
rainbow. What is the best way to go about doing this?

Right now it looks like I need to use splines and tubes, however it
seems difficult to create a spline between two points. I have the two
point ids in vtkIdType or the cell id of the line in vtkIdType. It looks
like it requires a vtkPoints*. I'm not sure how to get a subset from my
unstructured grid's points in that form.

Any ideas or example code would be great.

Thanks,
Brian Panneotn