[Paraview] independent colorbar range in different views of same session?

Guzas, Emily L CIV NUWC NWPT emily.guzas at navy.mil
Fri Jul 1 14:29:38 EDT 2011

David and Eric,

Thanks for the advice. Your responses have definitely helped me get closer to actually defining the problem more precisely.

Here's some more background:
Although I am working with two different attributes from the same analysis (pressure and fluidID), the exodusii converter that I'm using (written by someone else) only operates on one attribute at a time and defaults to calling this attribute "resX" in the *.exo file. So I run the converter twice on my data, once to get the pressure.exo file and once to get the fluidID.exo file, but yet both files have a common name, "resX," for the data attribute that I'm interested in.

In ParaView, I am coloring both views by "resX", even though in view 1, "resX" represents pressure and in view 2, "resX" represents fluidID. See attached screenshot.

So without having to get the exodusii converter fixed, is there a way to change the data name in ParaView from resX to something else, say "pressure", so that I can color my two views by a different variable, which should probably fix my problem with the independent colorbar scales?

Thanks!

-Emily

Emily L. Guzas, Ph.D.
Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport
Analysis and Technology Branch, Code 4121
Phone: 401.832.5577
Email: emily.guzas at navy.mil

This signature line and my digital signature is the equivalent of a hard copy signature, serving to authenticate that I have the authority to send this e-mail and to indicate I have consciously decided that it should have the same legal authority normally accorded to an actual hard copy signature.