[Paraview] independent colorbar range in different views of same session?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Fri Jul 1 13:56:40 EDT 2011

Hey,

David, Emily seems to be describing that she already has two different attributes, so I'm suspecting that somehow she's mistakenly coloring by the same attribute in both views...

Emily, as David is saying, (at least my understanding of) what you're wanting should be the default behavior. Make sure that when you click on each view the "color by" combo box changes which attribute it's listing, and that each colormap has "Automatically Rescale to Fit Data Range" checked in the colormap editor.

Attached is a screen shot that I made "right out of the box" with all default settings, just having the surface colored by different attributes in different windows, and choosing an alternative to the blue-white-red colormap for Elevation.

If you're still having trouble, maybe let us know which version of ParaView you're using, and on which platform, and whether you built it yourself.

-Eric