[Paraview] Memory problems

Mohammad Mirzadeh mirzadeh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 05:03:14 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone else is also having memory problems with PV
3.10.1 64bit on linux? It happens that when I use PV for a a couple of days
and I leave it open, for some reason it keeps consuming memory and not
releasing it even after deleting the objects in the pipeline viewer. Another
issue is when I zoom into a surface plot and PV starts just using so much
resources that eventually I have to kill the process. I have witnessed about
%40-50 on 8GB machine for a relatively small dataset (~ 300 MB) and all I
was doing was just surface plot of some quantity.

I don't remember any such problem with PV 3.6 and 3.8 before.

Mohammd