[Paraview] loading state file ParaviewWeb

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Jul 12 08:37:51 EDT 2011

Hi Luca,

I guess you are talking about the PWApp which is a sample application
of ParaViewWeb therefore is not really what ParaViewWeb can or can not
do. But the limitation that you see in the upload form was just made
to illustrate that is possible to filter. In fact in the configuration
file you can set as many file extension as you want as well as the
size limit or time to live.

So yes, you can upload state files, but you won't be able to load them
inside PWApp like that. You will need to customize the servlet that
take care of the upload and instead of writing the file in the
pw.gwt-app.data directory use the pw.gwt-app.states directory for
.pvsm files. Unfortunately not all the state files will be supported
by the PWApp as PWApp expect a very specific pipeline naming.

Although, I don't know if you are aware or not of the PWStates
application that allow you to create Ad-hoc web application based on a
ParaView state file.

Hope this help,

Seb

>>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/ParaViewWeb_Building gives instructions for
>>> Unix
>>> but I'm running Windows XP.
>>>
>>> I'm not even sure I'm in the right place but my google searches sent me
>>> cmake.org instead of paraview.org.  I'm afraid the instructions on
>>> http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install lose me