[Paraview] How do you set LIC parameters in a python trace script?

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 6 16:29:57 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am able to use a script written from python trace to render a LIC but
when I try to change any of the LIC parameters also from python trace I
get attribute errors (below). In the python shell launched from PV a dir
shows these attributes, however dir run from in the script shows they
are missing. How do I get the LIC attributes to be seen in a python script?

Thanks
Burlen

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "test4.py", line 60, in <module>
     DataRepresentation2.LICNumberOfSteps = 12
   File
"/work/ext/ParaView/PV3-3.10.0/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/site-packages/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 207, in __setattr__
     "to add this attribute.")
AttributeError: Attribute LICNumberOfSteps does not exist.  This class
does not allow addition of new attributes to avoid mistakes due to
typos. Use add_attribute() if you really want to add this attribute.