[Paraview] XDMF data set not showing, or crashes

Jon Goldman goldman at stellarscience.com
Thu Jan 27 13:33:51 EST 2011

Hi Eric,

I don't think it's a polar coordinates issue -- the data happens to
originate from a polar system, but (in theory) is merely mapped to a
Cartesian system via the Uniform 2DRectMesh.

I too had your idea of "play with a smaller sample file that just uses
light data" -- and my simple tests, and the standard Xdmf example file
you provided below also loads fine for me in ParaView. But thanks for
the suggestion, and I may need to go further down this path to help
figure out if it's the data per se, or some other combination of
HDF5/XDMF/ParaView.

cheers,
Jon