[Paraview] Paraview/pvserver running very slow

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Mon Feb 28 09:06:45 EST 2011

Florian,

Is there any reason you prefer to load such a big case with
reconstructed?  The OpenFOAM reader (and subsequent filters) runs in
parallel only for decomposed cases. For reconstructed cases the reader
loads everything in process 0.

Also, are you sure you built ParaView with compiler optimizations
(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE = Release)?

Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN

Subject: [Paraview] Paraview/pvserver running very slow
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:15:15 +0100