[Paraview] Transparency based on scalar

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Sun Feb 13 01:16:09 EST 2011

If I understand your question, this is not directly supported.  Although in volume rendering you can set opacity based on the scalar value, in surface rendering you cannot.  There is an entry in ParaView UserVoice for this feature.  If you feel ParaView should support this feature, you should go to this UserVoice link and vote for it.  It will help ParaView developers determine which features to next implement.

http://paraview.uservoice.com/forums/11350-general/suggestions/1354583-transparency-opacity-in-surface-color-map?ref=title

It may be possible to have a filter to create a field of colors with alpha value and then render dependent colors.  I know of no existing filters that already do that, though.

-Ken