[Paraview] script for moving a sphere

Rafael Pacheco rpacheco at math.la.asu.edu
Sat Dec 31 09:26:13 EST 2011

Hello everybody,
I have a sphere being towed down and settling on a horizontal wall as
shown in the figures attached. The motion is prescribed, so the sphere is no
free-falling. These figures are without rotation. But I also have several runs
with different rates of rotation. What I would like to do is somehow automate
the animation so that I do not have to move manually the sphere and take snap
shots.

For example, in the figures the sphere is located at the bottom of the
horizontal wall, but at t=0, it is at z=35. so for t=0, z= 35 and the
name of the flow field is boum000.vtk. For t=0.5, t=34.5 and the name
of the flow field is boum001.vtk.

What I normally do is to load all the boum*vtk, then move the sphere
manually and save an image in png file as the sphere is moving down.

For one set of simulations is OK to do this manually, but for 20
different runs, I think it is going to be a pain in the neck.

I will appreciate your help on this.

thanks
Rafael

-- Rafael