[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] "Select Cells On" large object?

Paul McIntosh paul.mcintosh at internetscooter.com
Mon Dec 19 21:05:34 EST 2011

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the suggestion - I've done some experiments and I think the best
way to do it is extract sections close up to get the resolution and then
postprocess the bits back together. I tried a Python trace hoping that I
could automate the process, however the actual selection region was not part
of the trace (just the list of cells it extracts).

Also another issue is that extract selection does not maintain the cell
id's, so the data gets doubled up in the overlapping regions if it is simply
appended the resulting extracted sets. The solution seems to be to use the
Python trace and merge all the selection id's into one call, then the same
cells are treated as such. It seems to work with the sphere, I'll try it
next on my data.

Cheers,

Paul