[Paraview] Dynamic information for the Animation View

Felipe Bordeu felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr
Fri Dec 16 12:32:16 EST 2011

Hi,

I have a custom reader (c++, custom panel ). The reader generate (on the
fly)  several sliders (the information to create the slider is in the
opened file).
Now a want to animate my reader with the animation View, but (because
the slider are absent of the xml description) the information is absent
in the Animation View.

I tried to use a xml element just to tell paraview about this
information. I use a StringVectorProperty (with a array selection
domain), but does not work:

<StringVectorProperty
         name="PGDDimsPosDataInfoByName"
         command="SetPGDDimsPosDataInfoByName"
         label="Fix Dimensions By Name"
         number_of_elements="0"
         repeat_command="1"
         information_property="PGDDimsNameDataInfo"
         number_of_elements_per_command="2"
         element_types="2 0"
         animateable="1"

<ArraySelectionDomain name="array_list" >
<RequiredProperties>
<Property name="PGDDimsNameDataInfo" function="ArrayList" />
</RequiredProperties>
</ArraySelectionDomain>
</StringVectorProperty>

<StringVectorProperty
     name="PGDDimsNameDataInfo"
     command="GetPGDDimsNamesDataInfo"
     information_only="1"

<StringArrayHelper/>
</StringVectorProperty>

but in the Animation View a have only one option "Fix Dimensions By Name" .
nothing like the Center (0), Center (1), Center (2) in the 2DGlyph

and if PGDDimsNameDataInfo is {"A", "B", "C", "D"} (array)
SetPGDDimsPosDataInfoByName  is called 2 times, for A with the good
value (from the animation view) and for C with 0.

Am I clear???
Any ideas???

Happy Holidays
Felipe