[Paraview] "Select Cells On" large object?

Paul McIntosh paul.mcintosh at internetscooter.com
Tue Dec 13 20:37:26 EST 2011

Hi,

Hopefully an easy question to answer...

"Select Cells On" is "visible" resolution dependent. By this I mean, for the
same selection area, if I am close to the surface I get all the cells
selected but if I am far away many cells are missed.

I am calculating frontal area of a large object where I cannot get the whole
object selected and get close enough to see all the individual cells. The
result is missing cells which are mucking up my calculation. Is there an
easy way to get all cells selected on a large object?

Note: I am using this method for working out frontal area:
http://www.discretizer.org/node/20

Cheers,

Paul
---