[Paraview] Snap to timesteps with python source

Aurélien Marsan aur.marsan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 05:24:36 EST 2011

Good morning,

Something I find weird :

I generate Data using a python programmable source, and setting the
available timesteps for output through the TIME_STEPS pipeline variable.
I have read in the Paraview wiki that for now, that variable is not
correctly handled, and that the SnaptoTimeSteps option should then not
beeing working properly. That is right.
Then I didn't care about what values I put in the TIME_STEPS variable, and
set the time values for animating manually.

*But* when saving the data in a VTK data format, the pipeline become
suddenly aware of the values in TIME_STEPS variables, and only save the
time steps defined by this variable....

... Then, is there a way to make Paraview Animation aware of the TIME_STEPS
generated by the python programmable source, like the vtk writer is ?

Thanks,

A.Marsan