[Paraview] Accessing global variables using the python interface

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Thu Dec 1 21:30:29 EST 2011

A question from my user on accessing global variables using python.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Alan

Hello,  I am fairly new to using paraview and python and am trying to figure out how I can access a global variable from the python shell.  Essentially, what I am trying to do is access a force vs. time curve so that I can interpolate to find at what time a certain force would occur.  It seems like it should be pretty simple to pull the curve into a python table so that I could manipulate it, but I have come up empty.  Any instruction/resources you could point me to would be very helpful.

Thanks, Russ