[Paraview] strange behaviour with PV3.10 on sgi altix system

pratik pratik.mallya at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 03:26:20 EDT 2011

Hi,
I built 2 versions of pv on the sgi altix cluster here(sgi mpt
mpi)...one with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS enabled and one without. Now, the
static pvserver functions properly (i am accessing thru laptop via the
reverse connection method) BUT the one with shared_libs enabled does
not! Can this behaviour be explained? (the second one fails to establish
a connection...something wrong with pvserver)
I have EXACTLY the same cmakecache on both build EXCEPT the
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS option.
I know that there are many many things that could go wrong in a cluster
installation. So any hints/experience/hunch as to what is going on is
welcome.

pratik