[Paraview] quick question on Paraviewconfig.cmake

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Apr 26 13:40:36 EDT 2011

Missing .cmake file implies that the installed version of ParaView on
the cluster is not a "development install", meaning it's missing
headers at the least. You cannot build new plugins against such an
install of ParaView. You can build a ParaView from source yourself
using the same configuration that the cluster installation uses and
then build your plugin against it. Such a plugin would then load on
the cluster too. Another thing to note is if the cluster has built the
pvserver statically (which is quite common). If that's the case, then
it does not support dynamic loading of plugins.

Utkarsh