[Paraview] How to change C++ compiler and keep cache?

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 06:57:08 EDT 2011

On 04/22/2011 02:27 PM, pratik wrote:
> When i try to change my compiler from g++ to mpic++, ccmake says the
> cache needs to be regenerated. Although, i can complete the
> configuration and get the makefiles for that seesion (and even build
> PV! But did that have my options enabled? i dunno..) when i open the
> cahce it has been reset to its default values. How can i prevent
> this?(i.e save the configuration?) I was actually trying to check my
> CMakeCache.txt in response to another post of mine when i realised
> this....

You can't, too much depends on the compiler, that is why CMake plays it
safe and clears the cache. If you were reading the output, it actually
tells you so. And when building ParaView you don't need mpic++ in the
first place, CMake knows how to include/link with MPI without the help
of these wrapper-scripts.

Michael