[Paraview] scan all point data in a 'for' loop

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Apr 18 16:57:04 EDT 2011

You should use a python programmable filter, not the python shell.

The python shell is in the client, and typically has no acess to the
data on the server, the python filter runs on the server. If you must
use the shell, use servermanager.Fetch to bring the actual data to the
client and then use py wrapped VTK to inspect it.

See http://paraview.org/Wiki/Python_Programmable_Filter for examples.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer