[Paraview] Python modules.

DParker at chromalloy.com DParker at chromalloy.com
Mon Apr 18 09:15:40 EDT 2011

I haven't had any success running the paraview package from my standard
Python installation. However, I have done the reverse - use packages from
my standard Python installation in pvpython. You can use path
configuration files to automatically append to your pvpython path - see
http://docs.python.org/library/site.html for details. Here's an example
from my Windows box:

Go to your pvpython 3rd party site-packages directory. C:\Program Files
(x86)\ParaView 3.8.1\bin\Lib on Windows.
Create a file named mypackage.pth (e.g. numpy.pth).
Edit the file and add the path to the package, escape the slashes:
C:\\Python26\\Lib\\site-packages. If your installed package is an egg then
you'll have to enter the path that leads you to an importable package:
C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\networkx-1.2.dev-py2.6.egg

The path to the installed package will now be appended to your pvpython
path automatically so you won't have to use sys.path.append everytime you
launch Paraview.

David Parker
Chromalloy - TDAG