[Paraview] h5 reader not avaialable?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Apr 7 06:31:30 EDT 2011

Even with introspection, H5 is open ended enough to make writing a
fully automatic yet completely generic reader difficult.  xdmf is
generic enough, but it isn't automatic.

One way to go about making an automatic reader that should cut down on
development time would be to write a utility to produce xdmf files
from the content of arbitrary h5 files.

Alternatively, specific research areas have their own conventions
about what goes into an h5 file. It would probably be easier to write
an h5 reader that follows them to make a domain specific reader.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive