[Paraview] problem with automatic multicore in Paraview v3.11 from git

Dan Lussier dtlussier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 12:29:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

I just recently updated to v3.11 from the git repo and had some
trouble when I enabled `autoMPI` in ~/config/Paraview/ or multicore
processing in the Preferences.

After enabling this option, I was unable to get PV to launch property,
and got the following error message:

> vtkClientSocket failed to connect to server: localhost:56123

I built PV with the default MPI library which comes with OS X
(/usr/lib/libmpi.0.dylib., /usr/lib/libmpi_cxx.0.dylib) and otherwise
and running OS X 10.6 64-bit on a Mac Pro.

Are there certain options that need to be enabled when building for
this functionality to be available?  Are there any known problems with
the MPI library that is shipped with OS X such that it would be better
to build MPI against another version of MPI?

Thanks!

Dan