[Paraview] How to get the vtkPolyData from ParaView representations?

Alexis Chan alexisc at cs.unc.edu
Sun Apr 3 14:46:01 EDT 2011

 Hi

How do I get the vtkPolyData from a ParaView representation that is created
by pqObjectBuilder?

For example if I click on the  "Create Source" button, in ParaView, I can
modify the position property of that source in my plugin using the following
code:

      pqDataRepresentation *data =
pqApplicationCore::instance()->getServerManagerModel()
->getItemAtIndex<pqDataRepresentation*>(0);
        vtkSMRepresentationProxy *repProxy =
vtkSMRepresentationProxy::SafeDownCast(data->getProxy());
        vtkSMPropertyHelper(repProxy,"Position").Set(newPosition,3);

I would like to be able to get the vtkPolyData if possible because I'm
trying to use Goodwin Lawlor's  vtkCollisionDetectionFilter.h

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Alexis