[Paraview] Custom Navigation

Patrick Shinpaugh shpatric at vt.edu
Sun Sep 19 14:07:02 EDT 2010

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I think I actually want
the setActiveView slot from the pqActiveObjects but need a plugin
function to run whenever head, wand, joystick and/or buttons are updated
and to run in its own thread using a select to wake only when new data
is available. Of course, if the function were called once per frame then
things would still work. Is there a signal for post-frame (completion of
swap) or pre-frame (prior to render start) I could connect to a slot in
my plugin?

If not, can I just use pthreads or would qt or vtk threads be preferred
or work better?

Thanks,
Pat