[Paraview] Problem with disconnecting from the builtin server in pvpython

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Wed Sep 15 15:21:57 EDT 2010

I'm afraid your use case is not well supported.  There is logic in the
paraview gui application that ensures a clean disconnect, which includes a
hard reset of the python interpreter context.  Using only python modules,
there is manual clean up required after a disconnect that is not yet
supported.

You might find that your script still works, you'll just be be spammed with
those error messages.  Also, try calling Connect() instead of
servermanager.Disconnect(...).  This will disconnect & reconnect a little
more cleanly, but still not perfect.

Pat