[Paraview] pvserver -display on windows

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu May 27 17:52:35 EDT 2010

The -display argument is only available for X windows.  It has no meaning for the native displays on Windows or Mac.  If you try to use it on Windows, you should get an error message that the -display argument is unknown and it should list all the arguments available.  As I recall, on windows it actually pops up a dialog box listing the arguments rather than printing them to stdout or stderr.  Perhaps pvserver is hanging because it is waiting for you to hit the OK button on all these dialog boxes which, for some reason, you are not seeing.

-Ken