[Paraview] Ignore pyc files?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu May 27 15:48:15 EDT 2010

I've noticed that my build runs python on source files, and python automatically creates a compiled python file next to the source file.  Consequently, after a build git reports untracked files:

# On branch master
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#       CoProcessing/CoProcessor/Testing/Cxx/PythonScriptTest.pyc
#       Servers/ServerManager/Testing/Python/SMPythonTesting.pyc
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

Does it make sense to add and check in a .gitignore file to ignore all .pyc files?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov