[Paraview] ParaView 3.8.0 Not Installing Client Plugins correctly.

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu May 27 15:42:00 EDT 2010

Mike,

That was a conscious decision. We deliberately install all plugin dlls
in the same directory as the paraview.exe on windows, just to avoid
missing dlls issues at runtime. Originally, we had the separate
"plugins" directory to make it easier for users to locate the plugins
and load them manually. But now, that's a non-issue, since paraview
explicitly lists all the plugins it's distributed with in the plugin
manager dialog.

Are you saying that the plugins added using
PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULES are not being installed at all? If
that's the case, then it's definitely a bug.

As far as the package generation goes, you need to use CPack. Refer to
this wiki page for details:
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView:Build_And_Install#Install_ParaView

Utkarsh