[Paraview] ParaView 3.8.0 Not Installing Client Plugins correctly.

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu May 27 12:37:12 EDT 2010

Pulled ParaView 3.8.0 from Git. Configured with CMake for VS2008 x64
with PARAVIEW_EXTRA_EXTERNAL_MODULES listing 4 of my custom plugins.
Compiled. Installed. And all the "client" plugins are installed lose
into the ParaView-3.8.0/bin directory instead of
ParaView-3.8.0/bin/plugins. Also, I have NSIS installed, where is the
"PACKAGE" target in the VS Solution or is there another mechanism to
use to create the installer?
  The other (probably more likely) possibility is that I didn't really
pull the 3.8.0 tag from git and instead have some other tag.

# On branch v3.8.0
# Changed but not updated:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
#	modified:   CMake/FindHDF5.cmake
#
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
#	.cproject
#	.project
#	Applications/ParaView/Testing/XML/Fractal3D.xml
#	CMake/AdjustLibVars.cmake
#	CMake/_FindHDF5.cmake
#	i386/
#	x64/
no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

 I just tried this with the ParaView 3.8.0 source code .zip file from
the paraview.org web site and had the same results. I also built the
NSIS installer, and then actually ran the installer and the same issue
happens. Bug?
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net