[Paraview] Problems running pvserver in parallel

Sven Buijssen sven.buijssen at tu-dortmund.de
Wed May 26 03:57:18 EDT 2010

Hi Natalie,

The error is meant to tell you that there is already some process using
port 11111. Given that you seem to be running ParaView on Linux you can
confirm this by
$ netstat -na | grep 11111
or alternatively
$ lsof -i:11111

The latter will tell you the name of the process that is blocking the
port (the first won't). If that name is cropped and not unique try
adding "+c15" to the lsof command line. Either kill the process that
blocks the port or use another one yourself with
$ pvserver --server-port=11112

Sven