[Paraview] Problems running pvserver in parallel

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 03:40:38 EDT 2010

Hi!

I've got another problem - kind of "from one day to the other". I remember having tested paraview in parallel yesterday, but today I try

mpirun -np 4 ./pvserver

and it says

Listen on port: 11111
Process id: 0 >> ERROR: In /home/happenhofer/svn/paraview/branches/ParaView-3.8.0-RC2/Servers/Common/vtkProcessModuleConnectionManager.cxx, line 192
vtkProcessModuleConnectionManager (0x18dc570): Failed to set up server socket.

Any ideas what could cause the problem here?

Thanks a lot,
Natalie