[Paraview] datasets operation

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Wed May 19 18:55:57 EDT 2010

Hi Luc,

I am not aware of a filter in paraview that does this.  You could write a
python programmable filter that takes two datasets and labels the common
points.  Then use the clip filter to clip away the labeled points (set Clip
Type to scalar.)

...and since the paraview wiki didn't have any programmable filter examples
using multiple inputs, I decided to add this as an example.  Here's the
link:

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Here_are_some_more_examples_of_simple_ParaView_3_python_filters.#Labeling_common_points_between_two_datasets_.28Filter.29

Pat