[Paraview] VTK_USE_PARALLEL missing?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue May 18 15:05:36 EDT 2010

I am not (intentionally) using anything from vtkParallel. However,
when I load my plugin, I get an error that says:

libvtkParallel.so.5.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have fixed this in the past by turning on VTK_USE_PARALLEL in the
Paraview ccmake and recompiling. However, now VTK_USE_PARLLEL is not
in the advanced options.

1) Any clues how this vtkParallel dependency could be introduced
unintentionally in a VTK filter (it links to vtkHybrid and
vtkInfovis)?
2) Why is the VTK_USE_PARLLEL option missing?

Thanks,

David