[Paraview] need an example of using Paraview Client/Server API

Jenya Burstein taijinian at gmail.com
Mon May 17 12:59:51 EDT 2010

Hello Utkarsh,

It is a Qt-based application. I did notice that there is the pqXXX family of
classes that appear to be wrapping some of the lower level vtkSMXXX
responsibilities.

However, I wonder if we could get away by simply using the pqXXX layer
considering that we may want to use some custom implementations for things
like widget representations, executives, interactors, etc. As I understand
it, pqRendererView encapsulates the mapper, actor and a renderer.
It isn't apparent to me yet how one would go about installing a custom
interactor, for example.

I really appreciate your assistance,
Jenya