[Paraview] request help with plugin and line widget

Phil Amburn amburn at gri.msstate.edu
Mon May 17 06:15:19 EDT 2010

I am new to ParaView plugins and would really appreciate help with a task.

I want to read a structured grid file and probe the grid with a line, almost identical to ParaView's Plot Over Line filter.
This new filter needs to generate a particular meteorology plot called "Skew T Log P" rather than an XY plot, otherwise I would just use Plot Over Line.

The ability of Plot Over Line to interactively move the line is a very nice feature that I'd like to have as well.

I've tried two approaches, but have encountered problems with both, and that's the reason for this request.

First approach was to try to find the source for Plot Over Line but I wasn't able to find that and modify the plot output.

Second approach was to try pqLineWidget to realize an interactive line for the probe, but I'm currently not able to make that work, either.  Example code successfully incorporating pqLineWidget would be very helpful.

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated.

I'm working with ParaView 3.6.2, Windows XP, and MSVC 2008.

Thanks,

Phil