[Paraview] ParaView 3.6.2 + SLI architecture?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue May 4 11:13:16 EDT 2010

I have no experience with SLI so absolve myself from any promises of performance.  Perhaps someone else on the list has tried ParaView on SLI.

It is my understanding that there needs to be no specific software support to take advantage of SLI.  All I can offer is the obvious advice: get plenty of CPU memory, use a 64-bit build of ParaView so that you can use that memory (turning on VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS might be a good idea, too), and run with immediate mode rendering off (Settings -> Render View -> General).  However, I have no idea what kind of rendering performance increase you might expect.

-Ken