[Paraview] ParaView 3.8.0 RC2 Available for download

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Sun May 2 07:04:55 EDT 2010

On 1. May, 2010, at 18:00 , Dave Partyka wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am pleased to announce the availability of ParaView 3.8.0 Release
> Candidate 2 binaries for download on the ParaView download page. Final
> binaries and/or more release candidates should follow shortly.
>
> http://paraview.org/paraview/resources/software.html

Seems like http://paraview.org/files/v3.8/ParaView-3.8.0-RC2.tar.gz is missing... Further, Plugins/VisTrails in the .zip download still contains the .hg repository and I assume that all the .cvsignore, .svnref, .gitmodules and .gitignore files are also no longer required in the source package.

It would also be great if the Ogg/Theora writer was mentioned in the release notes (as promised by David DeMarle) ;-)

Michael