[Paraview] Loading xml plugins at startup

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 08:48:58 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Fred Fred <stan1313 at hotmail.fr> wrote:
> Hmmm, what do you call .so plugins and .xml plugins actually?
> To create a plugin, you need to specify its interface, that is the
> components of its object inspector and where the new filter should appear in
> the menus.
> And then the linker generates a library, which extension is .so in the case
> of a dynamic library on Linux.
> So may be the plugin appears in the plugin manager with its extension but
> there is only one plugin and the .xml should not appear as far as I know.
> And the .xml file allows you to put your new filter in the filter list, or
> even create a new submenu with your own plugins grouped into it, which would
> avoir the need to go to the plugin inspector to launch them.
> Hope it helps.

A .so plugin I have a .h, .cxx, and .xml file that I have compiled
into a .so file. A .xml plugin I ONLY have a .xml file that is using
existing vtk .cxx/.h files. In the plugin manager, when you load a new
plugin, you have to change the file type drop down box to ".xml" to
load an xml file directly.

Sorry if that wasn't clear before.

Thanks,

David