[Paraview] Loading xml plugins at startup

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Tue Mar 30 03:03:54 EDT 2010

Hmmm, what do you call .so plugins and .xml plugins actually?
To create a plugin, you need to specify its interface, that is the components of its object inspector and where the new filter should appear in the menus.
And then the linker generates a library, which extension is .so in the case of a dynamic library on Linux.
So may be the plugin appears in the plugin manager with its extension but there is only one plugin and the .xml should not appear as far as I know.
And the .xml file allows you to put your new filter in the filter list, or even create a new submenu with your own plugins grouped into it, which would avoir the need to go to the plugin inspector to launch them.
Hope it helps.