[Paraview] PV parallel mode loading

Fred Fred stan1313 at hotmail.fr
Thu Mar 25 15:17:12 EDT 2010

> From: dave.demarle at kitware.com
> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:10:37 -0400
> Subject: Re: [Paraview] PV parallel mode loading
> To: stan1313 at hotmail.fr
> CC: paraview at paraview.org
>
> By -no 32 do you mean you are starting a 32 process MPI job?

Yes

> If so, and you can load the dataset on your personal computer in one
> process, try -no 1. Extra processes add overhead. If the reader isn't

Ok I do know that, I am not a programming newbie! lol
But the loading time is about to 32 x the loading time on a single process, and this is not a normal behaviour.
the overhead you are talking about should just be due to the fact there is a need to establish proper connections between data subsets so as to be able to properly track a streamline integration for instance, but this should not lead to such an overhead in loading the data I think.

> a parallel capable one, for example, you are temporarily loading
> 32*133 million points.

This is a .pvd file, might there be a problem?