[Paraview] PV parallel mode loading

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Mar 25 14:10:37 EDT 2010

By -no 32 do you mean you are starting a 32 process MPI job?

If so, and you can load the dataset on your personal computer in one
process, try -no 1. Extra processes add overhead. If the reader isn't
a parallel capable one, for example, you are temporarily loading
32*133 million points.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer