[Paraview] coprocessing wiki

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Thu Mar 25 01:52:18 EDT 2010

Hi Ning,

The most common use case will be to call the adapter on every node/process.
The python script for the coprocessing will by default run on every process
as well (if I remember correctly this is the symmetric python mode).  I'm
not that familiar with the parallel rendering and compositing process in
paraview but I'm assuming that it will work properly.  You will have to
modify the python script yourself though in order to do that.  The current
script generator is set up to use the parallel XML writers in order to
output the desired results.  We have plans to stream the results from the
simulation to a paraview client but that is not a top priority at this time.

By the way, the nightly paraview documentation has been updated so that it
will now include the coprocessing classes.  For now just look for the
classes that begin with vtkCP.

Andy