[Paraview] Plugin Installation Location

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Thu Mar 18 10:58:32 EDT 2010

I was running the "install" target from a Visual Studio instance and
noticed that my custom client side plugins were NOT being loaded. When
I looked at the install tree I noticed the following:

ParaView/bin/plugins/AngReaderClientPlugin/AngReaderClientPlugin.dll
which obviously is not correct. I think I have tracked it down to the
following bit of CMake code in ParaView/CMake/ParaViewPlugins.cmake:

MACRO(internal_paraview_install_plugin name)
   IF (PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR)
     INSTALL(TARGETS ${name}
==>      DESTINATION "${PV_INSTALL_PLUGIN_DIR}/${name}"
       COMPONENT Runtime)
   ENDIF (PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR)
ENDMACRO(internal_paraview_install_plugin)

I think that should be DESTINATION "${PV_INSTALL_PLUGIN_DIR}/"
instead. Is this a bug? Something similar to this error is also
present in the ParaView 3.6.2 sources (where I originally found the
issue).

Thanks for any info/feedback.
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio