[Paraview] pqViewManager in Clone2

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Mar 18 11:22:01 EDT 2010

Hello,

If you are creating a custom application which always has 4 render
windows, then I'd suggest not even using the pqViewManager.
Simply create the 4 views yourself and pack them into a QWidget using
a QGridLayout. For example, the following code can be used after a
server connection has been made to set up the 4 views.

QWidget* centralWidget = new QWidget();
mainWindow->setCentralWidget(centralWidget);
QGridLayout* gl  = new QGridLayout(centralWidget);

for (int xx=0; xx < 2; xx++)
{
  for (int yy=0; yy < 2; yy++)
    {
    pqRenderView* view = qobject_cast<pqRenderView*>(
      ob->createView(pqRenderView::renderViewType(), server));
    gl->addWidget(view->getWidget(), yy, xx);
    }
}

Utkarsh